Friday, December 19, 2008

Pre-Departure I

Fall semester has officially ended. I handed in my last paper on Tuesday; packed and ran errands on Wednesday; drove home on Thursday, just in time to miss the huge snow storm that hit the Northeast.

Now I am in a process of sorting out all of my worldly possessions in what looks strangely like a hybrid between unpacking and repacking. In short, everything's a mess.

This whole trip really hasn't hit me yet. I just helped put up the Christmas tree this afternoon and helped my mom plan her holiday party. It's really strange to think that soon I'll be half way around the world in a country with a completely different culture and where they speak a language I can't understand. Budapest is still abstract to me.

January 4th - 16 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment