Thursday, January 29, 2009

3 and a Half Weeks in Budapest

I've been in Budapest for just over 3 weeks and I already feel like I've been here for a year. It's strange to feel at home in a city where I stick out like a sore thumb and where I am constantly surrounded by a language I don't understand (and would probably never really understand). Yet, at the same time, I am getting to know the in's and out's of this city better than any other place I've ever lived.

The great thing about living abroad is meeting new people. Tuesday night, we met a group of French students from Paris, who are currently on exchange in Slovenia, visiting Budapest. Wednesday night, we talked to someone from Latvia and a British coach surfer who became overjoyed when he discovered that we all speak fluent English. (If you haven't noticed, I've been going out a lot on weekdays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment