Friday, January 2, 2009

Pre-Departure III

I am leaving Sunday night, arriving in Ferihegy International Airport in Budapest on Monday afternoon. I've been checking and rechecking my itinerary. I have a 3 hour layover in Amsterdam which I wish were longer! I definitely will have to make a point to return sometime over the next couple of months.

Eastern Europe is at once familiar and exotic. I've been talking to my friends back home about being abroad. A part of me feels that it's a bad decision academically, in the short term, to go away for one of the most important semesters of college. I also know that, in the long run, it will be something positive. But I still have regrets and reservations.

I've been listening to a lot of 3OH!3 as I pack (thanks a lot, Allie). It almost makes me guilty, but I can't stop playing this entire ridiculous album on repeat. It's kind of insanely infectious!

Happy belated New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment